Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Few Words on Brevity and the Soul of Wit

Dear Readers:

Today I had a talk with my older sister, a teacher of English and drama for over 30 years.

She made a very good point, that the folks I am trying to convince are very busy people, and that they don't have time to read through three printed pages of screed to get my points.

So, as a result of her straightforward and constructive criticism (of which she is never in short supply), I will work hard to trim down my comments into a far more readable format.

I think you readers here will find shorter, more concise commentary, as well as more sourcing.

I apologize to those of you who have found my postings here far too long. For those in that camp, I think you will find "The Bropous Chronicles" a far more readable, and eminently more concise source of information on a variety of subjects.

Thank you for your patience as my writing skills evolve, and for your continued interest.

That which does not grow, stagnates.

Joel

No comments: